Re: How to get rid of 'read-only' on region when mouse-copying it from j

From: xani666
Subject: Re: How to get rid of 'read-only' on region when mouse-copying it from jabber mode ?
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 08:56:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:37:00 PM UTC+2, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I've noticed a very weird thing, everytime I am trying to mouse copy text
>
> > from jabber-mode (version 20140225), resulting paste is a read-only
>
> > text region.
>

> You might try M-x report-emacs-bug (tho the bug might also be in
>
> jabber-mode).  In any case, to figure it out, we'll probably need more
>
> details.  E.g. describe *in detail* what you do and what you see.
>
> E.g. you say "resulting paste is a read-only text region" but you don't
>
> say what makes you think so.  Similarly you say "mouse copy text" but
>
> this can mean various different things, so you need to say which buttons
>
> you press, and when, and where you press them.

By copying text I mean dragging mouse-1 (binded to mouse-drag-region)

By 'read only region' i mean that when I paste it using middle mouse button
(binded to mouse-yank-primary) in read write buffer (for example *scratch*)

By "read-only" I mean region of text have property "read-only" and when I try
to edit the pasted part i get "Text is read-only" in pasted part, while rest of
the buffer remains read-write.

I suspect it is something to do with jabber-mode as I never saw that behaviour
outside of it, I also noticed font-lock-face get copied too, even tho both of
them are on yank-excluded-properties. Basically it looks like none of
yank-excluded-properties gets removed when pasting via mouse yank