Re: mail-yank-original problem

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: mail-yank-original problem
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 23:23:52 +0200

saint@eng.it writes:

> I am using GNU Emacs 24.3.92.1 and since I switched
> to this version mail-yank-original changed its
> behaviour in a "do noting", at least when invoked
> from a vm-generated buffer.

What's a vm-generated buffer?

`M-x mail-yank-original RET' doesn't do anything for me
either.

However, message-yank-original works!

Are you using RMAIL? I'm using Gnus, so in an init file
for gnus-article-mode, I have this:

(let ((the-map gnus-article-mode-map))
  ;; ...
  (define-key the-map  "r" 'gnus-article-followup-with-original) )

That way, I don't have to yank the original manually.

But no, I don't know why mail-yank-original doesn't
work. From the documentation, it seems it is associated
with RMAIL (or Rmail, as it says).

    mail-yank-original is an interactive compiled Lisp
    function in `sendmail.el'.

    (mail-yank-original ARG)

    Insert the message being replied to, if any (in
    Rmail).

It is unclear why there is one such function for mails
(Rmail), and one for messages in general. Does the
message-yank-original work for you?

--
underground experts united