Re: can't figure out the name of the face

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: can't figure out the name of the face
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 02:36:21 +0200

Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> writes:

> I simply want to change the color of the text that
> displays the file-name in the mode-line of a
> non-active buffer, however, I have no idea what this
> face is called.

In situations such as this - do `M-x describe-face RET'
and then write some probable prefix (as in "mode-line")
and hit TAB:

mode-line
mode-line-buffer-id
mode-line-emphasis
mode-line-highlight
mode-line-inactive

I think mode-line and mode-line-inactive are those that
apply for your question.

--
underground experts united