Re: mail-yank-original problem

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: mail-yank-original problem
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 02:52:29 +0200

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

> VM is another Emacs mail program "Visual Mail".  It's
> a separate package not distributed with Emacs.  These
> days Emacs is configured to use "Message mode" for
> composing emails and newsgroup replies.  In the past
> "Sendmail mode" was used, that's where
> mail-yank-original comes from.

OK! So perhaps I was right even though I didn't know
that. But - I quick Googling and that should probably
be "View Mail", right? "Visual Mail" is much more fun,
so actually that was a disappointment.

Here are some screenshots from View Mail:

http://www.nongnu.org/viewmail/screenshots.html

I think my Gnus looks much better:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/gnus/dumps/new/

By the way, is "RMAIL" (caps only) the correct
designation for the Emacs module? Most often I think
the normal way of writing names - like Michael - should
be applied to software as well. UNIX, USENET, RMAIL, it
doesn't look good. There is a shell tool called rmail
(an "MTA->UUCP remote mail handle") but that's all
lowercase so it shouldn't be a source of confusion
(besides, I think rmail isn't on everyone's lips
either). In the sendmail.el documentation they used
Rmail.

--
underground experts united