Re: Emacs starts with current screen contents in its display buffer

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs starts with current screen contents in its display buffer
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 03:15:47 +0200

Segundo Bob <segundobob@gmail.com> writes:

> Is this how help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org works?  Am I doing
> something wrong?

This is help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org but it is also
gnu.emacs.help.

If you subscribe to the list you should get all
material, including all replies to your questions.

If you habitually access the group, that should be the
same result.

But if you don't subscribe and don't access the group
you will only get replies (by mail) if people include
you in the CC header (or somewhere else, of
course). This isn't difficult to do, but I never do it
because I never know when to do it. I don't keep track
of who subscribes and I don't want to do it always
because I myself got tons of duplicates that way - now
I configured away that problem, apart from the special
case when people neither send to the group or the list,
but ONLY to my mail!

Anyway, I guess you could add - "I'm not on the
list/reading the group, use CC" - after each message if
you don't get a better idea from anyone.

This is a good question for a FAQ, if there is an
equally good answer, of course...

--
underground experts united