Two modes for the same filetype

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Two modes for the same filetype
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 14:58:15 -0800

using
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
on ubuntu 12.04, mac mini

I'm just getting back into emacs after a long hiatus. I have a lot
of python projects for which I have used python-mode in the past.
I'm referring to the "non-stock" module originally developed by Tim
Peters, now maintined by Andreas Röhler

I am, however considering using python-django.el which 'requires the
"stock" python (not python-mode) module.

Currently my .emacs has the following:
(require 'python-mode)
But python-django.el has the following
(require 'python)

Can I expect any conflicts?
If so, is there a strategy for managing such conflicts?

thanks
--
Tim