Re: How to find Info Manuals

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to find Info Manuals
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 20:23:10 +0200

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

> I find Info manuals very useful.  The Emacs Info
> browser ...

Good work! Be sure to keep this post and be prepared to
put it into a FAQ and/or the EmacsWiki, and to have it
ready the next time someone asks for online-non-Elisp
documentation in Emacs.

> * Standard C Library (GNU Libc): glibc-doc

'aptitude show' reveals:

    Contains man pages for libpthread functions and the
    complete GNU C Library ChangeLog.  The GNU C
    Library Reference manual has been moved into
    glibc-doc-reference for licensing reasons.

So it is glibc-doc-reference you need for C:

    Contains The GNU C Library Reference manual in
    info, pdf and html format.

--
underground experts united