possible bug with ispell/aspell?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: possible bug with ispell/aspell?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 05:36:22 +0200

I have found a strange thing with aspell in Emacs.

If you ispell with aspell and aspell-sv it includes the
period after an unrecognized word in the
"misspelling". ispell with ispell and iswedish and
wswedish doesn't do that. It would seem aspell is at
fault, as the period has nothing to do with the word or
its spelling.

If no one can explain it, I'll report it as a bug.

Check out these two screenshots, with aspell and ispell
behavior:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/spell/aspell.png
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/spell/ispell.png

I wrote this somewhere else. Might provide some help if
you wish to recreate the situation:

# On Debian, the Swedish dictionary for aspell is
# called aspell-sv. This is 164 k. There is also an
# ispell list, called iswedish, which is - hold tight -
# 1 252 k, with 120 000 words. iswedish also suggests
# the package wswedish which is 1 336 k and (also) of
# 120 000 words (?). Be that as it may, it/they seems
# like more data than aspell-sv... (ispell is also much
# faster than aspell in Emacs.)

--
underground experts united