Re: a dark theme?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: a dark theme?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 22:29:01 +0200

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> By the way: in your google groups settings, you can
> configure that you prefer plain text mail over HTML
> mail (not sure if there is a global setting or a
> setting for each group; possibly both).  I'd advise
> that you do that.  There is no good reason for HTML
> mails, especially not in discussion mailinglists like
> google groups.

Yes, I thought HTML mails were a thing of the 90s!

But wait, this only gets more confusing... If the OP
uses Gnus to fetch mail from a gmail account,
shouldn't that mean she gets them in certain ways not
because of her gmail settings, but because of how people
sent them to her?

I mean, what happens if someone sends an HTML mail to
me? I use Gnus which fetches the mail from a mail
server, just not one of gmail's in particular. If Gnus
doesn't parse them to plain text by default somehow, I
should have seen some occasional HTML mail, one would
think. If Gnus does that, I guess we could provide that
option to the OP just as well?

--
underground experts united