Re: Feeling lost without tabs

From: Filipp Gunbin
Subject: Re: Feeling lost without tabs
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 10:25:58 +0400

On 20/07/2014 05:47 +0400, Sampath Weerasinghe wrote:

> I feel a bit lost because emacs doesn't show
> tabs. I work on multiple projects, I get distracted by various things,
> but when I come back to the seat it is the tabs that
> remind me which project I was last working on.

I'm using probably the simplest method: `C-x b' offers "future history"
(the sequence of suggestions when you hit `M-n' in the minibuffer) and
it's isearch-able!  So `C-x b' followed by `C-s' and a few letters from
the name of the buffer (any part of it).  The order in which the future
history is organized is the same as in *Buffer List* - recent come
first.

Other than that, if I completely forget the names, I switch to a dired
(I open each project in a dired buffer with -R ls option, so it shows
all files).  `(setq dired-isearch-filenames t)' helps to isearch there
when I see the needed file.

    Filipp