Re: Feeling lost without tabs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Feeling lost without tabs
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 23:54:34 +0200

Dan Espen <despen@verizon.net> writes:

> I just feel the best one should be the default.
> Could be ibuffer or some other xbuffer is the best,
> but electric is better than the default (IMO).

Perhaps it would make sense to merge some or many of
those projects if they are so similar. In principle I
don't mind lots of stuff doing more or less the same
thing, and especially if it is very ambitious projects
such as web browsers, mail clients, and so on, they
don't have to be different even in principle because
the complexity will add so many big and subtle
differences anyway. However, for seemingly small
projects like this one has to wonder if there isn't
reinvention of the wheel going on. It wouldn't be far
fetched for the users of one to miss out the features
of another, and being oblivious to this as this perhaps
isn't discussed so often - it is such a low profile
thing, look the same, do seemingly the same things -
not likely to stir controversy or be the focus of the
discussion particularly often.

--
underground experts united