Re: term with multiple arguments

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: term with multiple arguments
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 01:27:29 +0200

Carlos Pita <carlosjosepita@gmail.com> writes:

>> `C-h f term': (term PROGRAM) - so one argument.
>
> Well, I'm not very aware of the elisp naming &
> documentation conventions yet so I wasn't able to
> conclude that, PROGRAM could have been a list or
> vector or some kind of composite value.

Yes, but still only one (1). Perhaps the documentation
should say what argument it expects (as for type) but
it doesn't, and it may be some other function that
complains down the road. I simply tried the function
with your list argument to learn that somewhere along
the line it failed a `stringp' test.

> I see term is creating a terminal with make-term but
> not passing any additional switches. I will write a
> version of term that optionally takes switches and
> post it here later in case someone else is
> interested.

Ha ha ha, right on!

--
underground experts united