Re: Selection threshold with mouse

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Selection threshold with mouse
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:41:16 +0300

> Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:27:01 +0900 (JST)
> From: Tak Kunihiro <tkk@misasa.okayama-u.ac.jp>
>
> I am a little behind discussions.  To me for a first thought, to add
> offset to click event on line 5116 of keyboard.c is a start.  I think
> this is what Eli inferred.

You cannot do that with a simple offset: it won't work in non-trivial
situations like with the first character on a display line or between
2 characters of a very different size.

Something more sophisticated and complex is required to do what you
want.

> In regard to offset, reaction for drag (selection) matters more than
> click.

I agree, but drag and click must be consistent, or else we will
confuse the users.