DELETE/C-h confusion

From: Sergey Ivanes
Subject: DELETE/C-h confusion
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:22:44 -0400

Hello everyone,

Going through the tutorial on emacs, I got stuck on the deleting part, because
by default DELETE key sends me to help. I've tried adding a few commands to the
.emacs file such as (normal-erase-is-backspace-mode 1), but now, though when I
press DELETE it does what it's supposed to, when I press C-h t, which is
something I need to get back to the tutorial, it gets stuck on the notepad.
Before the change to .emacs, C-h would send me to notepad and upon pressing t
would send me to the tutorial. What's the solution to this? I’m using a MacBook.