Re: GNUS & nnmaildir

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: GNUS & nnmaildir
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 01:34:08 +0200

Ken <kensubuntu@gmail.com> writes:

> I am having difficulty with nnmaildir. Currently, I
> get my mail with fetchmail, process it through
> procmail, and have a maildir setup.
>
> I would like to read the mail with emacs gnus, but
> the documention is a bit scanty in this area and I
> have not really found any examples on thge internet
> that works for me.

Getting Gnus to read mail (and send them) is easy, you
just need a skeleton code file (like half a page of
code) and input a couple of parameters like from where
to fetch the mail etc. It isn't more complicated than
setting that up with a piece of paper from your ISP and
a Microsoft wizard - actually it is easier, since you
have the whole code in front of you, so you can
instantly see where to put your data, and all of it.

Thing is, even though it is straightforward in
"skeleton form", if you are new to Gnus you can be
almost an expert on electronic mail and still don't
know or be able to find the correct variables (Gnus has
a lot, a lot of everything).

So a file with the slots open is what you need.

For nnmaildir I cannot offer one, so grep the web, but
if you'd care to consider nnml, which is the most
common backend (what I can tell, from speaking with
people), feel free to use my file (and all the other
Gnus files in that directory) -

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/gnus/mail.el

> Can any one help?

Yes, on this list there are several Gnus users. If you
don't get help (unlikely), try gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

Good luck!

--
underground experts united