Re: viper-mode C-[ behavior change in Emacs 24.4

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: viper-mode C-[ behavior change in Emacs 24.4
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:22:22 +0200

>> I'm using "C-[" key as ESC key in viper-mode, i.e.
>> to escape from viper insert mode. It works on Emacs
>> 24.3, but not on Emacs 24.3.92. Typing "C-[" just
>> displays "ESC-" in minibuffer on Emacs 24.3.92.
>
> Rather than ask on gnu.emacs.help to solve the
> problem for you, I'd urge you to M-x report-emacs-bug
> instead, so we can fix it for everyone.

Isn't it good that he asked on gnu.emacs.help so that
you can tell him it is a bug so that he can report it?
Often it is not clear if something is a bug and most
people are more hesitant reporting bugs (that might not
be bugs, so they would perhaps feel just a bit stupid)
- I agree people should be more liberal reporting
things they find odd as bugs - I mean, what's the worst
thing that can happen? - but as for asking here, people
should never hesitate to do that.

--
underground experts united