Re: viper-mode C-[ behavior change in Emacs 24.4

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: viper-mode C-[ behavior change in Emacs 24.4
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 13:53:32 +0100

> Question: "Non-released" software, I suppose that
> includes the emacs24 (or 24.3+1-4+b1) or
>
> GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
>  of 2014-06-06 on barber, modified by Debian

The current released version is 24.3.  Perhaps the extra ".1" at the end
represents a Debian modification, I don't know.

> because I have the same problem, as said. Do you have
> to get it from the stable Debian repositories for it to
> be "released"?

Releases by distributions have nothing directly to do with Emacs
releases.  Some distributions may keep old version of Emacs "current"
for years after they've been superceded, others may use beta versions.
The current release is the one on ftp.gnu.org.

BR,
Robert Thorpe