Re: How do I get the window height in lines, taking in account line-spac

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: How do I get the window height in lines, taking in account line-spacing?
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 23:16:14 +0400

On 08/04/2014 10:43 PM, John W Higgins wrote:
It would appear for the purpose of the issue you are discussing that a
smaller number would not matter because at worst you would put the popup
above the line for 2 extra rows.

True, that drawback is not critical.

That would, to me at least, be
irrelevant to solving the problem. I appreciate the need for accuracy -
but this would at least fail in a good way for you.

That might be so, but I'm already solving a non-critical problem: drawing popup better for users who customized the line-spacing value, which is a relatively rare thing to do, I believe.

So as long as I'm doing that, I might as well look for a good solution.

I'm assuming you have not discovered a scenario where the calculation,
for example, comes up with 50.5 lines for 49 actual visible lines.

Indeed, I haven't.