mouse-movement getting in the way

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: mouse-movement getting in the way
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 00:44:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am running Emacs 24.3.1 on GNU/Linux with xmonad as my window manager. I have
3 monitors.

I try to avoid using the mouse, but sometimes I need to use it in other
applications. When I move the mouse from one of my other screens into the
screen running emacs, the first command I type will always fail with a
minibuffer error e.g.

  C-c <mouse-movement> is undefined

This is rather frustrating. I was hoping that somebody on this list could help
me to configure emacs to avoid taking the mouse-movement input as part of a key
command.

My configuration is largely available here if it is relevant:
https://github.com/fommil/unix

Best regards,
Sam