Re: magit: Previous commit message keeps appearing

From: Florian Lindner
Subject: Re: magit: Previous commit message keeps appearing
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 19:01:22 +0200

Quanyang Liu wrote:

> On 08/07/2014 06:56 PM, Florian Lindner wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> from magit-status I use s to stage a couple of files, then "c c" to
>> commit. In another buffer I can edit the commit message. What puzzles me,
>> is why magit shows the commit message of the previous commit including
>> the file list.
>>
>> Is this by design, some bug or am I wrong?
>>
>> Emacs 24.3, magit from melpa.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Florian
>>

> I have not seen that... Does it happen every time you commit?

Sebastian has explained it very well. I had a COMMIT_EDITMSG in my .git
directory. Since I was a kind of scared when this wrong commit message
appeared I always canceled the commit und the MSG persisted. Now I've
deleted the COMMIT_EDITMSG and did various successfull commits. It never
came back.

Regards,
Florian