Re: how to handle rtf

From: Hans BKK
Subject: Re: how to handle rtf
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 05:26:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:07:01 AM UTC-4, renato.p...@gmail.com wrote:
> I need to handle some .rtf file, saved by MS office. I'm wondering if, I can
> use emacs to do that, and, if yes, how.

RTF is not an open standard, it is a legacy of proprietary Microsoft software
and has had many many changing versions over the years.

Therefore you won't find much interest among free software developers in
helping you code tools to work with RTF, especially IMO in the emacs community.
Not saying emacs couldn't be programmed to do what you want, but you'd likely
have to figure out how to do that by yourself since the community's philosophy
is opposed to supporting this kind of format.

As others have suggested, if you can't get the developers of your server-side
tool to support a plain-text format like one of the markdown flavors, then
you're probably better off pursuing support from one of the Libre/Open Office
forums, perhaps using their macro functionality.

Hope this helps.