Re: mail-yank-original problem

From: Hans BKK
Subject: Re: mail-yank-original problem
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 07:00:35 -0700 (PDT)

> I actually don't know why Emacs is so conservative color-wise. Colors are
> helpful (productive), but they also make you feel good, so you get even more
> productive.

Emacs' traditions precede GUI/mouse/color support. Everyone's taste differs.
It's not designed to be 'optimal' for some imagined target audience other than
the taste of the developer(s).

Look at it as a 'toolkit' allowing you to config/code your own editor. If that
seems burdensome or too difficult then maybe another editor more in tune with
the current mainstream zeitgeist would suit you better,

No comment on the 'kids & girls'.