Re: How to get the UK holidays displaying in the agenda?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to get the UK holidays displaying in the agenda?
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 00:13:22 +0200

Robert Thorpe <rt@robertthorpeconsulting.com> writes:

> This looks like a Northern Ireland list. St.
> Patrick's day and Battle of the Boyne day aren't
> holidays in the rest of the UK. (Battle of the Boyne
> day isn't a holiday in the sense of "something you
> look forward to".)
>
> The second one you have called "May Day Bank Holiday"
> is the August bank holiday. There's another bank
> holiday too, but I can't remember when it is.

Perhaps the OP just wants it because it is
interesting/fun.

I don't know how it is in the UK but in Sweden we have
tons of holidays but they don't have a practical
purpose anymore as many people work those days anyway
(in one way or another) and the shops are all open. It
is just confusing - sometimes something you need just
isn't there because it is a "holiday", and you haven't
noticed anything because everything save for that
detail is exactly as any other day...

I think that system belongs to another time before
pitch-black capitalism conquered everything. Only in
affluent Norway they can afford to maintain it - there,
the shops are all closed even Sundays! Like a dead
city! First time I saw it I thought they were shooting
an post-apocalypse move...

--
underground experts united