Property for treating a string as a single character when deleting

From: Tom
Subject: Property for treating a string as a single character when deleting
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 15:02:51 +0000 (UTC)

Is there a property or some other way to treat a string
as a single character? I know I can add the intangible
property and then cursor movements jumps over the string
like its a single character. Is there a property for
making the string behave like this for deletion too?
So, for example, when I backspace at the rightmost
character of the string then the whole string is deleted
at once like it's a single character.