Re: Feature request: Expose system `exec` as a built-in elisp function

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Feature request: Expose system `exec` as a built-in elisp function
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 00:16:16 +0200

Andrew Pennebaker <andrew.pennebaker@gmail.com> writes:

> Eh, what if you don't want the second emacs call to
> use the same emacs configuration, etc. etc. as the
> parent emacs process?
>
> Feel free to ask the cask project for more details

Yeah, this is too specific an issue for me to
contribute.

Did you, in your words, expose the system exec, but not
as a built-in but just as code? Did you succeed with
that? If so, do you mind showing us?

What happens if you put a C function in the emacs C
which does exec, recompile, and then bind that to a
command? Would that work? Sounds kind of dangerous, but
you shouldn't be afraid of your computer, of course.

--
underground experts united