Re: reading mail with emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: reading mail with emacs
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 21:19:21 +0200

Jorge Araya Navarro <elcorreo@deshackra.com> writes:

> Impressive indeed, but, it wouldn't be rather easy if
> the OP just install mu4e and use it to read and reply
> his emails from Emacs?

I don't know the specifics (I don't know why people
would want to be that close to their mail backends, but
I see it from time to time) but even so, I would think
there is an easier way, yes. But it is never wrong to
first just solve the problem, then you can solve it the
right way. Often writing code to solve it your way is
very helpful, it makes you realize just what tools you
need, and at that point it is only a matter of finding
and employing them.

By the way, I got a mail from the OP which I suspect
was aimed for this list:

    It just grabs (from /var/spool/exim/input if
    supplied on the command line) and dumps a (halfway)
    converted file (RMAIL format).

    Something about my mail is horribly broken. I don't
    know what yet, but it has to do with exim (that is
    my current understanding at least), emacs and
    friends seem not to be implicated.

--
underground experts united