Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 13:57:12 +0100

Kro Ly <mnmnmnmna@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, i'm using emacs in the terminal and I'd like to know how to copy and
> paste something from firefox to emacs for instance ?
> Thanks.

This question keeps being asked recently.  Lots of people have posted
code using xsel and xclip.  Some of which doesn't work properly
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2014-05/msg00100.html
), but I think the ones posted in this thread are ok.

What's the point of running the terminal version of Emacs in X?  If you
want windowing then why not run the X version?  If you don't want
windowing, then why both run X at all?

BR,
Robert Thorpe