Re: Out-of-control backups!

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Out-of-control backups!
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 18:53:52 +0200

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> More seriously, yes configs in a VCS is a good idea
> but as yet very emergent; not at all 'standard
> practice'

It may be a lousy idea as well to bring in all that
bulky overhead. It is just a bunch of files. Your whole
system is a bunch of files. Why don't we VCS that as
well and be done with it? So we can spend our lives
fiddling with overhead, "management" software and draw
UML boxes on whiteboards and have meetings so we never
have to actually write that scary code?

--
underground experts united