Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:28:50 +0200

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> Yuri Khan wrote:
>
>> Have a look at the cool-old-term project. It works
>> in X and might remind one’s childhood even more :)
>
>   https://github.com/Swordifish90/cool-old-term
>
> That is quite a nice retro look to the terminal. I
> like it! :-)

Yeah, me too!

But I suppose it is not "real" but rather they used
high tech to make it look that way. Like the MAME and
zsnes and all those emulators to play Neo-Geo and SNES.
But actually those run the original ROMs. This is just
a shell that looks that way. Also, they are "exposed"
as running it in a GUI window. But I'm impressed by the
effort and result.

Though I prefer the real deal. Here, no fake records:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/pics/console_cols.png

This is the console with tmux and zsh. Showing Debian,
Sun, colored prompt strings, colored output, color by
extension, and some ASCII art from the BBS era.
Speaking of the 90s, to quote SEGA: "Beat us. If you
can."

By the way, "Swordfish" is also the name of a hacker
movie that really sucked, but at least included some
nice looking wenches.

Also, there is a very colorful shell being developed
today, the fish shell. You can get such colors for zsh
as well, which I tried, but I got stressed out by the
words changing colors as I typed.

> However I see you using the unicode "’" (U+2019) in
> your reply instead of the traditional typewriter "'"
> (0x27). :-) How can you be a traditionalist with
> behavior like that? Ha ha!

I and Mr. Khan already had a holy war on that which
included some 10-20 posts, some of which were very
long. Next time, I'll put him down that mercilessly as
you just did and be done with it.

:)

--
underground experts united