Re: How can I change gnus window configuration for some groups?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: How can I change gnus window configuration for some groups?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 10:34:38 +0200

On 2014-08-23 23:53, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:
>
>> Is there a way to adapt this such that I use the
>> layout ... when viewing the "nnvirtual:RSS" group?
>> Should this be a global setting or a group parameter?
>
> If you can make in into a group parameter specifically
> associated to that group, that would be the most
> elegant solution. But I don't know how to do that.
>
> Gut feeling, I would do either of:
>
> 1. If you want "RET transparency". In the group buffer,
>    you select a group by hitting RET. I would rebind
>    that to a defun that runs this:
>
>    (string-equal "nnvirtual:RSS" (gnus-group-group-name) )
>
>    If `t', do special treatment. If `nil', do the
>    ordinary thing. You might want to use
>    current-prefix-arg to replicate ordinary usage of
>    the C-u (to quantify articles).

Thanks for the suggestion, it's a nice way to do it.

As a less invasive option, I could test for the group name in the window
configuration definition. However it seems that `gnus-group-group-name'
does not work in the summary window (is returns `nil'). Is there
a similar function that returns the name of the current group in
a summary buffer?

Thanks again,

Alan

--