RMAIL and utf-8 characters

From: Zimmermann Paul
Subject: RMAIL and utf-8 characters
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:22:08 +0200

       Hi,

I'm using rmail to read my mail under emacs. Whenever the emacs version is
updated, I have to change my .emacs configuration, since some things are not
working any more. I also have problems with the character format in my
~/records file (some french accents are not properly encoded) and/or with
french accents in rmail headers (in particular the subject line).

Does anybody out there have a robust rmail configuration under emacs, in
particular with utf-8 charset? Is there any documentation about this?

Paul Zimmermann