Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: Jai Dayal
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:17:42 -0400

Actually, nope. When I decide to install an OS, say CentOS, I do not expect
to find a discussion on the pluses and minuses of CentOS on the
installation page. That's a completely different topic that has nothing to
do with CentOS installation.

Same with the actual Emacs page; on the installation section, there's no
discussion on the pluses and minuses of Emacs there in an attempt to avoid
having "disappointed people". When someone chooses to install something,
there's an understanding that they want to install it because they know
about it, or are wanting to try it out. Nobody with an IQ higher than 12
installs something for the first time, without reading about it, and
assumes it will magically work they way they want it, down to the very last
feature.

Can you find 10 installation manuals, or installation sections of a manual,
in English that discuss the actual pluses and minuses of the tool being
installed?