Re: Flycheck reports are never satisfying!?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Flycheck reports are never satisfying!?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:40:55 -0400

>    25   9 warning  assignment to free variable `flycheck-indication-mode'
> (emacs-lisp)

The .emacs file is very much unlike a normal Elisp package: instead of
defining its own functions/command/variables and exporting them for use,
it normally does mostly things like modifying other
package's variables.

And those packages are usually not loaded yet, because we want to load
them lazily to speed up startup.

So yes, if you try to byte-compile your .emacs chances are the
byte-compiler will give you lots and lots of warnings about assignments
or references to free variables.

That's a problem I'd like to fix, but I'm not completely sure how.
Suggestions welcome,

        Stefan