Re: How to prevent ESC from closing frames

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: How to prevent ESC from closing frames
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:03:25 -0700

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 00:13:29 -0700 (PDT)
abdo.haji.ali@gmail.com wrote:

> Yes, emacs -Q has the same behaviour
>
> I wasn't very clear though. The frames close when pressing ESC three
> times in a row. It's a habit of mine that is proving to be very
> inconvenient

I wasn't very clear, either.  I tried three ESCs in a row, and all I
got was "ESC ESC" in the minibuffer, and the third one cleared it.

Perhaps your window manager is watching for three ESCs in a row, and
killing whatever window that sequence occurs in?  Sounds unlikely, I
know, but since "emacs -Q" fails, the problem most likely lies
elsewhere.  You might want to check your WM/DE settings to see if
there's a triple-ESC keyboard shortcut somewhere.

--Dale

--
Yet creeds mean very little, Coth answered the dark god, still
speaking almost gently.  The optimist proclaims that we live in