Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 15:52:47 +0200

Óscar Fuentes writes:
> David Engster <deng@randomsample.de> writes:
>
>> Óscar Fuentes writes:
>>> However, I don't see CEDET's team throwing away their Elisp parser and
>>> start coding one on C/C++. They could use Clang's right away, or GCC's
>>> once the modularization is completed, but they insist on their own's.

[...]

>> This is just to set things straight for others which are reading this. I
>> have absolutely no interest in further discussing this with you.
>
> Fair enough. And as I mentioned on that other discussion, this is not
> about you, David. Please don't take this personally.

Your claim that we would insist on our own parser is simply false and
makes us look like bullheaded idiots. Now go tell me how I should not
take this personally.

If someone comes around with a libclang-based parser which fits neatly
into Semantic, I am the first one to merge it, and I know Eric wouldn't
oppose it, either. It would have to stay upstream for political reasons,
that much is true, but that's not my decision.

-David