Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs

From: Jai Dayal
Subject: Re: A guide on setting up C/C++ development environment for Emacs
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:34:32 -0400

Not being a genius does not make you an idiot; however, one either meets
the classification of a genius or one does not. Just because there are
binary memberships for some objects wrt classes, it does not mean all
classifications are binary. Being a bigot, however, is binary.

>And putting irony aside: *if* you claim that if someone is even *a
tiny bit* bigoted, then he can be called a bigot, could you please
tell me who is *not* a bigot?

That's not for me to decide. The statement that was made was that
scientists are *more* bigoted than religious types. How can a scientist be
more bigoted than something without being a bigot? It makes no sense.

>Rusi also said "in my
experience"

I don't see how that's relevant. "In my opinion, you are stupid" isn't
really that functionally different in layman speak to "you are stupid".

>I have to admit that it is the first time I see this definition of
"faith", and I wouldn't agree with it.  This closes the discussion (I
hope so at least, I have some work to do, you know).

It really isn't though. There is a difference between beliefs and
evidenced-based reasoning. Faith is *believing* something to be true 100%
regardless of the evidence.