Re: how to test imagemagick support in emacs

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: how to test imagemagick support in emacs
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 00:13:42 +0200

claudius.mueller@gmail.com writes:

> Is there a simple way to test if imagemagick support is working in my
> emacs install? I need to ensure that to track down a problem I have
> with org-mode with getting inline image scaling to work. As far as I
> know this function is based on imagemagick.

I don't know much about it.  AFAICT you need to eval something like

    (setq image-type-header-regexps '((".*" . imagemagick)))

to be able to resize images in image-mode with imagemagick (for example,
from the "Image" menu).  If resizing works for you when visiting an
image file, I guess your imagemagick support is ok.

Michael.