Re: Elispers all around the world (was: Re: describe-mode "some-mode"?)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Elispers all around the world (was: Re: describe-mode "some-mode"?)
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 01:17:39 +0200

Jorge Araya Navarro <elcorreo@deshackra.com> writes:

> Well, that escalated quickly.

See my reply to Mr. Adams' posts.

It is not just about submitting suggestions, it is
about searching for what you want and then contributing
your suggestions so that not people have to do the same
thing, over and over.

I am not in principle against "reinventing the wheel" -
it may be interesting to do so, and fun - it is more,
you shouldn't have to do it, if and when you don't want
to.

Many, many times have a coded things that I have been
100% sure has been coded many, many times before me.
Sometimes I have not cared to even look: even if I had
been able to find it (not certain), and even if that
would have saved me time (compared to coding it), it is
just so unpleasant to Google for Elisp (and browse
forums with a bunch of morons being angry with each
other, read threads that just stops with no solution,
etc.) - I might as well write it myself.

--
underground experts united