Re: regexp on emacs how to...

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: regexp on emacs how to...
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:53:18 +0200

(please send followups to the mailing list)

Hi,

Renato Pontefice <renato.pontefice@gmail.com> writes:
> for me could be the same (lisp or regexp), but to use lisp Do I need
> some particular installation?

No, elisp --in this context-- stands for "emacs lisp". Many parts of
emacs are written in that language. Every time you hit some keys, they
in fact run an emacs command, most of which are written in elisp.

To test the piece of elisp I have shown, simply hit M-: then yank the
code and hit RET. It will act on the buffer you are in at that moment.

--
Nicolas Richard