Re: A package in a league of its own: Helm

From: York Zhao
Subject: Re: A package in a league of its own: Helm
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:13:21 -0400

> I've been using projectile, but with ido -- this is what is giving you the
> completion you show?

helm-find-file is actually the only thing I can't get used to (yet) in Helm.
Other than that, Helm is great. Especially if you use projectile. When I started
to use projectile, I gave myself a chance to see how ido goes, and I used
projectile with ido for a while. But I finally decided that ido was not what I
want while using projectile. Therefor, I've improved helm-projectile, and if you
pull the latest projectile you will find that the helm interface has been
improved. In short, in order to use projectile with Helm, you can now type C-c
ph (`helm-projectile'), then you can type something to select your project. Now,
if you press ENTER you will be provided to select the file in your project, with
Helm. However, you can also type C-d to open Dired for your project, M-g to goto
VC or Magit and M-e to open Eshell. These four actions are what I've been using
a lot, but I'm sure we can add much more useful actions. So, give
`helm-projectile' (bound to C-c ph) a go to see how you like it.

York