Re: How do I enter a 'oe'?

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: How do I enter a 'oe'?
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 08:01:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:45:17 PM UTC+5:30, David Hume wrote:
> Alan Schmitt writes:

> in the subject line  How do I enter a 'oe'?

> Well one way is ctrl-x 8 return 0153

> oe

This can be done in or out of emacs.
I prefer the 'below-emacs-level' (when it works)
On linux one needs to set a compose key and then know
(the few) elements of
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GtkComposeTable
that one most needs.

Dunno about mac. There must be something similar¹

¹ For some strange reason this ¹ does not work in emacs
At the bash prompt Compose+s+1 works
oe is just Compose+o+e (in sequence) and it works in and out of emacs