Re: How do I enter a 'œ'?

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: How do I enter a 'œ'?
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 10:03:47 +0200

Alan Schmitt writes:
 > On 2014-09-03 08:57, "Gian Uberto Lauri" <saint@eng.it> writes:
 >
 > > Excuse my ignorance, which language this ligature belongs to?
 >
 > French.

Thanks!

 > The question was: the keyboard is sending this letter, why isn't emacs
 > displaying it? And the answer was: emacs actually did not get the
 > letter, there was another system-level process that was intercepting
 > it. Removing that process fixed the issue.

Glad to hear that your problem is gone.

Anyway, as an emergency tool, the input method "french-postfix" allows
to enter œ by typing o and then /.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO