Re: transparent access to zsh shell functions and aliases; and, the Emac

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: transparent access to zsh shell functions and aliases; and, the Emacs/tty/X clipboard issue
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 21:21:49 +0200

Graeme Vetterlein <graeme.vetterlein@hds.com> writes:

> I think you need to escape the quotes (BTW, I don't
> know lisp, I guessed and it worked) if the text being
> cut has meta characters
>
>     (format "echo -n \'%s\' | Xsel --display \":0\" -b
> -i" input) )))
>

>   here ----> \'%s\'

Did you intend this as a private mail or for the
list/newsgroup? It doesn't contain anything sensitive
which is why I send this reply, and your fix (quoted),
to gnu.emacs.help.

I don't really remember the issue back then, so either
I dropped it or got it to work :) But thanks!

Here are the related files, which are probably better
as I have used them more:

http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/linux-shell.el
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/xsel.el

--