Re: how to add button to emacs that play a elisp code

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: how to add button to emacs that play a elisp code
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 02:50:06 +0200

> I think what Pascal means is that these are not the
> "same" in the sense that when you replace one of
> these expressions with the other in a program, the
> result after evaluation may change. It's important to
> state that, because this issue is a common pitfall in
> Lisp.

Aha, yes, that property even has a name - something
that can be placed anywhere and still produce the same
result, even if invoked repeatedly...?

How common this pitfall is in Lisp one has to wonder
though... do you have an example? I never had a
problem, but perhaps that is because I only recently
started to byte-compile all my code.

Not that I experienced anything, actually, save for the
warning messages on compilation that perhaps served to
clean up the code.

And the system feels a tiny bit faster (perhaps my
imagination).

--
underground experts united