Re: How to alphabetasize sections?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: How to alphabetasize sections?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:11:44 +0100

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> In the booklet that I am writing in latex, one chapter has about 20
> sections, which have just been added to at the end when something else
> has needed to be written about. They are of the form  of -
>
> \section*{Rhubarb and custard}
> Ipsum lorenzum alal balall aka blurb
>
> \section*{Apple pie and cream}
> Even more blurb, etc.
>
> I now want to have all the sections in alphabetical order, but how can I
> do it please? How can I move all the sections and their following text
> From the commandline please?

Sorted with a bit of lateral thinking! I wasn't able to 'fold it' with
auctex/latex so I did 'M-x org-mode' and then put a '* \section{etc}',
folded each one and was then able to arrange it as I want very quickly
and easily too. About 5-10 minutes and its all done and dusted! Then
unfold each section heading when its properly converted and delete the
star, and finally just do 'M-x latex-mode' and now everything is all
hunky dory again! :)

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.3.93.1