Re: Vertical line separating the fringe and the buffer

From: user3341592
Subject: Re: Vertical line separating the fringe and the buffer
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:03:33 +0200

Emanuel Berg wrote:
> user3341592 <user47795@hush.mail.com> writes:
>
>> Is there a way to get a 1-px vertical line *between*
>> the 8-px fringe and the buffer itself, such as in
>> many other editors?
>
> You can try with:
>
> (set-window-margins (selected-window) 1)
>
> Increase the digit (the "1") to get a wider left-side
> margin.

My question is not about margins; it's purely aesthetic (and a detail,
I must admit)...

It's about having a black 1-px vertical line on the right of the left
fringe (my default: a gray 8-px fringe) to clearly separate the fringe
from the (white) buffer.

And the opposite for the right fringe: a vertical separator line on its
left side.

Best regards.

--
user3341592