Re: emacsclient command line use existing client

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Re: emacsclient command line use existing client
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:16:44 -0400

Thanks for prompting me to be more precise. When my OS starts I launch a server
with the autostart `emacs-client` command, and have the line in my .emacs to
ensure the server is started. As it should, opening any number of new frames
(or launching emacs-client again) will share the same buffer list, etc.
However, this shell script for launching an email (apparently) starts a new
server; it isn't sharing anything with the other frames, and if I don't
`kill-emacs` I end up with two servers running. Clearly, not acceptable.