Re: How to alphabetasize sections?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: How to alphabetasize sections?
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 09:50:22 +0200

() Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se>
() Sat, 13 Sep 2014 02:00:02 +0200

   but isn't the best way to move all the sections to
   separate files and then put one-line references in
   the "motherfile", and simply sort those with
   `sort-lines'?

I don't think there is a "best way" per se in Emacs
(although certainly there are many suboptimal ways,
including not using Emacs at all!), so it depends on
what other attributes one desires from the exercise.
I.e., YMMV.

Personally, i am inclined towards more declarative
approaches, and away from those that involve a lot of
(high(er) entropy) data motion and manularity.  I
figure Emacs, my patient teacher and gracious host,
has all the crispy cookies i crave; the nice hack then
is simply finding a polite way to ask for them...

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502