Re: Help needed with post-command-hook

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: Help needed with post-command-hook
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 11:02:32 +0200

>>  - Is `post-command-hook' triggered when an interactive function is
>>    called non-interactively?
>
> No.  It's not even run when you do (call-interactively 'foo).
> It's run by the command-loop (which does: read-key, lookup-command, run
> pre-command-hook, run command, run post-command-hook, ...).

ok, thanks.

> What are you trying to do?

I wanted to call a function in a temp-buffer and then close that temp
buffer after the function/cmd is done. And it seems to work now without
using any hooks, just by sequential functions calls (as expected).

I suspect the reason it did not work yesterday has to do something with
the function/cmd that was actually called, not sure though what it was.

So this question was kind of noise, sorry.

--
cheers,
Thorsten