Re: easy customization? I don't think so

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: easy customization? I don't think so
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 00:56:33 +0200

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> writes:

> gnus which I have working will be the next thing I
> try to access rss stuff. I found M-x customize-browse
> far more informative than M-x customize since
> controls are surrounded by brackets and point has to
> be on the opening bracket for return to activate the
> control. Before I write a bug report I'm going to see
> how far I get with M-x Customize-browse since there
> may be some other helpful features in it I want to
> discover. One item I found missing from the mouse
> group was an option to tell emacs this computer
> hasn't got a rodent attached so configure for
> complete keyboard control. That might disable some
> keyboard-hostile behavior of calendar were
> information leveraged properly in some future version
> of emacs.

I general I don't think Emacs is difficult to
configure. Actually I think the opposite: if there were
any software that could be that much configured (and
extended), that easy and fast, I would be using it!

About the keyboard-only thing: there you really came to
the right place. I haven't used a mouse for years, and
that has to a great extent been made possible by Emacs.
But yes, I had to put hours into getting better keys -
closer (less hand movement), shorter (not so many keys
pressed), and so on.

But your posts, I don't really understand your problem.
If you state the specific problem I'm sure people would
be happy to help you.

--
underground experts united